Parents play a key role in the development of a childs education. Below are some points taken from the US Department of Educations study on preparing children for the 21st century.
- Make sure your child understands the importance of math in elementary school, and encourage your child to take more math, science and critical language courses in high school.
- Encourage your child to take more Advanced Placement (AP) courses in high school.
- Encourage your child's teacher to take advantage of the Department of Education's Teacher-to-Teacher Initiative.
- Get involved in helping your child's school improve.
- Take advantage of the new opportunities NCLB may provide for your child.
School safety is a real concern for parents. Below are annoymous phone numbers for reporting tips about fights, drugs, weapons, etc.