Dear Shoreview Families,
During November we continued to learn and practice the habits, specifically Habit 6, Synergize- Together is Better. During December we will learn and practice Habit 7, Sharpen the Saw-Balance Feels Best. See the last pages for more information on the these two habits and how you can practice them at home.
As the colder weather is upon us we will share with you the policy Shoreview Elementary will follow for outdoor recess:
• All students need to be dressed appropriately for the weather. Students should wear hats, gloves, boots, and warm coat that buttons, zips, or snaps closed.
• Students will go outside if the temperature is 20 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
• Students will not go outside if heavy rain or snow is falling If there is a medical reason your child cannot go outdoors a doctor’s note is required.
• Students may go outside for fresh air when the temperature is within a few degrees of 20 degrees fahrenheit.
• If your child has been home ill, but has not been to the doctor please send a note if you feel they need a day indoors to continue to recover.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
We wish all Shoreview families the very best this holiday season,
Mary Thomas, Principal
Stephanie Boka, Assistant Principal
Peter Pruitt, Dean of Students
Download the December Newsletter by clicking here.