Euclid City School District is following the Cuyahoga County Board of Health recommendations for returning to school/work. Parents will need to submit a doctor's note OR complete the form below to verify their child is symptom-free before returning to school.
If any of these symptoms were present in isolation (only one of them) AND have completely resolved, a child may return to school with a note from the parent. If a student has a fever, he/she should be fever-free without the use of medication for 24 hours before returning to school (Cuyahoga County Board of Health):
- Muscle Aches
If any of these symptoms were present, medical clearance is recommended to return to school.
- New onset or worsening nasal congestion not associated with allergy symptoms
- Loss of smell or taste
- Sore throat
- New-onset cough
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing
Persons who think or know they had COVID-19, had symptoms, and were directed to care for themselves at home may discontinue isolation under the following conditions:
- At least 10 days* have passed since symptoms first appeared and
- 24 hours have passed since the last fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath) have improved
*For patients with severe illness, duration of isolation for up to 20 days after symptom onset may be warranted. Consultation with infection control experts should be sought in these instances.